going to future plans

For students who are willing to pass the language examination, it is essential to know the ways to express their future plans and just be able to make a point using complex grammar. I'm going to phone Mum after dinner. Improve your grammar skills with LearnEnglish Grammar, the #1 educational mobile app. You were right, well done! They aren’t going to visit us. In the same small groups, get students to point to different cards and … Do controlled conversations We're having a drink at Beale's first. I'll wear my green shirt.There's no milk. The future tense with going to, also simple future, expresses a logical prediction for the future or an intention or plan which has already been decided. ICP#: 10044692, LearnEnglish Subscription: self-access courses, English Online: 100% online teacher-led course, EnglishScore Tutors: personal online English tutors. In this lesson, students practice talking about future plans using "going to". We use going to to talk about plans decided before the moment of speaking. Talking about future plans can be a great way to know what someone is really like, what their hopes and dreams are, and what they want to do with their lives. Write two more activities (e.g. “I am going to go shopping with my friend.”) and write it under the first question. Future: be going to ( I am going to work ) - gramática inglés y uso de palabras en "English Grammar Today" - Cambridge University Press He’s not going to ride a bike. as a fact, a scheduled event, an organised event that people know about, etc.). I told her I'd call at 8 o'clock.I'm going to wear my black dress tonight. Read through the instructions as a class and make sure everyone understands the game. You're right that What are you doing after you finish university? I'll do it after dinner. But the present continuous is for plans that are already arranged and confirmed (see the Present continuous section above for some examples). Leaderboard. Practice saying future plans. Theme. Be going to + verb. They are going to save up for a new car. Make enough for each pair in the class. Assign Homework: "Weekend Plans Write" worksheet. Yes, there are a lot of ways to refer to the future :) Let me try to explain. PLANS and INTENTIONS: Be going to is used to talk about plans and intentions, usually when the decision has already been made. is about future plans. Be going to - exercises Will - future simple Will or be going to Future continuous Future perfect - exercises Future perfect continuous. ♦ Pedro is going to revise his English all evening. They're going to retire to the beach - in fact they have already bought a little beach house. True or False” board game, download and print out the reader "Monster School Summer Plans, - dice – enough for one per group of 2 or 3 students, - counters – enough to give one to each student. He is going to play handball. As a class, you are going to write a conversation (see the board layout below). is fine, if you want to ask someone specifically about their confirmed future plans. Switch template Interactives Show all. (Evidence) True or False Board Game. to be (am, are, is) + going to + infinitive. Will is used to express future actions decided at the moment of speaking while Going to describes future plans decided before the moment of speaking. 3. © ESLKidStuff.com | Focal Point EdTech Lda. But later. I'm meeting Jane at 8 o'clock on Saturday. That meeting after work's been cancelled. “eat out” and “sleep a lot”) on the board and follow the same procedure, getting students to say the structure. Mayur Desai replied on 1 September, 2020 - 18:29 India. Are you doing anything interesting this weekend? I'm going to accept the job offer. When you’re talking about actions that are far into the future (months or maybe years from now), use WILL.When you’re talking about actions that you will do soon (tomorrow or next week), use GOING TO.. Next, give out the reader templates. More. Examples: I‘ll have salad now. Then have the students think of a summer plan for each monster and write it briefly on the planner sheet (e.g. ID: 156629 Language: English School subject: English as a Second Language (ESL) Grade/level: Pre-Intermediate Age: 10+ Main content: To be going to Other contents: future plans Add to my workbooks (10) Download file pdf Embed in my website or blog Add to Google Classroom - The Future - NASA’s future will continue to be a story of human exploration, technology, and science. I joined a tennis club and I have six tennis rackets. We use will to talk about spontaneous plans decided at the moment of speaking. LearnEnglish Subscription: self-access courses for professionals. Do you know how to talk about future plans using will, going to and the present continuous? As they are doing this, circulate around the classroom checking for mistakes and helping out with questions. Not sure? Before class, print cut out enough of the “Actions Charades Game Cards” sets for each small group of students (you can find them at the end of the print version of this lesson plan). I'll buy some when I go to the shops. I’m going to write my homework tonight. When you want to ask/request for something, use … Look at this picture (on page 3). But often, we want to ask someone more generally about their ideas or intentions for the future (i.e. I'm going to go to the supermarket after work. This tense is constructed with: be + going to + infinitive. Point to a few students and ask, “go shopping?” and elicit “yes” or “no”. Do this exercise to test your grammar again. Excellent information regarding Simple Future Tense.Different uses were explained with ample examples. I'm going to meet my friend tonight. Future tense in English exercises. Summary of our Future Action expressions. When there are definite signs that something is going to happen. (Arcos de la Frontera, provincia de Cádiz.) Affirmative sentences in the going to-future. Emma is going to go on holiday tomorrow. When everyone has finished, ask who won in each group and find our something they talked about. Practice saying future plans We can use "going to" to describe a planned action that will happen in the near future. Now students will get the chance to use the structures they have just learned by playing a fun board game. Allow 10 minutes to complete their readers. Be careful! Like. Make sure you are on hand during the game to help with any vocabulary issues. Before class, print the four sheets and compile them into a reader, as you would one of our normal readers. The first student in the group to guess the answer wins a point. ♦ Emma is going to share an apartment with Melanie. You can even have a class vote for the best reader! When you are plans are definite, use GOING TO.When you dream of doing something, use WILL.. Students work together to create their own characters. You’ll also need a dice for each group and enough counters (anything small) so that each person has one. Can we continue using this site even at the end of the 30 days? Edit Content. What are you going to do??? When talking about future plans or intentions, using "going to" is a very common method. More. How do we form the going to-future? 7. Write on the top, left-side of the board “This weekend” (or “Next weekend”, depending on which day of the week it is). 1. We use different verb forms to talk about our plans for the future, depending on what kind of plan it is: a spontaneous plan, a pre-decided plan or an arrangement. Former … This reader really helps to reinforce the new structures with a fun story. (will) I’m going to visit my aunt next Friday. We're having a party next Saturday. Again, write three actions on the board and ask students to say the structures. Theme. In these examples, we had an intention or plan before speaking. Grammar explanation. We use different verb forms to talk about our plans for the future, depending on what kind of plan it is: a spontaneous plan, a pre-decided plan or an arrangement. Have them draw their own monsters and create names for them. Then go around the class asking everyone for their answers and writing one example below each question. Key Phrase: “be + going to + verb” Let's talk about our future plans. You can usually make the negative in two ways. To view and print a flashcard or worksheet click on the thumbnail image. Teacher: Ok, let’s check. ♦ I'm going to watch the match on television. I’m going to play in some competitions!". 2. For detailed printing instructions, click. What are you going to do … ? Future: be going to exercises: elementary and intermediate level. The future with "going to" is used to express events you have already planned in the future and your intentions for the future. We use 'be going to' for future plans and intentions. Read classroom reader "Monster School Summer Plans" We are to receive (receive, are due to receive, are receiving, will receive, will be receiving) a per cent wage rise in June. Jonathan R replied on 30 August, 2020 - 13:06 United Kingdom. Before class, download and print out the reader "Monster School Summer Plans". I know! Elicit an answer from the class for the first question (e.g. Oh great! What are you going to do? 2. Zarkov." We use a form of to be (am, are or is), going to and the infinitive of the verb. Put students into groups of 2-3 around a table and give out the game boards, instruction sheets, dice and counters. Next, ask a student who said no and elicit “This weekend, I am not going to go shopping”. FUTURE Plans Complete Nicolas' plans ID: 1333036 Language: English School subject: English as a Second Language (ESL) Grade/level: Seven grade Age: 11-12 Main content: Going to Other contents: When finished, have students swap and read each other’s readers. (reading) ... "I’m going to play tennis every day. Make it clear that you are going to go shopping this weekend – point to yourself and the phrases on the board, nodding you head and say “Yes”. GM is on its way to an all-electric future, with a commitment to 30 new global electric vehicles by 2025. Show all. All Rights Reserved. Start by drawing a speech bubble from the left person photo and inside write: Elicit and write the missing words What are you going to do this weekend? Then from the right person photo draw another speech bubble: Again, elicit and write the missing words I am going to go shopping. This is a really helpful rule on how to tell the difference between will, to be going to and present continuous, which is not only understandable but has pretty good examples that show how one can actually use it in their speech or essays. Introduce "going to” + infinitive verb Get everyone to stand up and find a partner. Embed. Examples: I'm going to read the map if I get lost. We often use the present continuous to ask about people's future plans. The player with the most points at the end is the winner. This weekend, I am not going to play video games. Follow the below process, each time telling students to find a new partner after each conversation: Finally, get everyone to sit down and do a check by asking different pairs to stand up and act out a conversation in front of everyone. Share Share by Profe25. We are going to get students extend their conversations by introducing questions. After reading the story, give out a reader worksheet to each student and have them answer the questions. Before class, print out enough copies of the board game sheet and instructions sheet for each group of 2-3 players. In this exercise: "What _are you going to do_ after you finish university?" Groups now play charades – put the cards, face down, in the middle of the table. Be sure to applause and give lots of praise, as well as helping with any mistakes. Oops, I forgot to phone Mum! (La palabra will se usa para previsiones también. “throwing cars into space”). In everyday speech, going to is often shortened to gonna, especially in American English, but it is never written that way. a) is going to listen b) is going to c) is not going to listen 10) He _____ . Going is mainly used to refer to our plans and intentions or to make predictions based on present evidence. going to for prediction. Asni replied on 27 July, 2020 - 23:11 Spain, Saamongo replied on 16 July, 2020 - 20:43 Guinea. Alternatively, watch our video version of the reader (Internet connection required): 8. After a few minutes, have different students come up to the board to fill in the blanks. Usually the decision about the future plan or intention has already been made before speaking. not necessarily confirmed arrangements). Create your own monster story reader First, put students into pairs and give out the “Monster Story Planner’ worksheet. Continue with the next student until all the cards have been used up. = I think it is going to be foggy tomorrow. The United Kingdom's international organisation for cultural relations and educational opportunities. The ideas below are therefore divided into two sections, with the more common “going to for plans” used first: Fun activities for practising “going to for plans” To practice this meaning of going to, obviously we need to get students talking about real or imaginary plans. Give each student a copy of the worksheet. As you go through each page, point to the pictures of each monster student and get everyone to speculate what their summer plans are, for example: Teacher: (reading from page 2) "Howzy, what are you going to do during the summer vacation?”, asks Ms. Future plans include all kinds of things from family and relationships to jobs to travel. Remember to change “be” to the correct form for the subject: I am going to play tennis tomorrow. Worksheets - handouts. Encourage students to give true answers. 1. © British Council One student picks up a card and acts out the verb. Arun dafda replied on 19 August, 2020 - 08:42 India, abdullah kaleem replied on 6 August, 2020 - 12:14 Pakistan, it is really wonderful and useful in future, Claudia replied on 31 July, 2020 - 00:49 Chile. 1. There are a number of ways to form future sentences. PREDICTIONS: We use be going to when we can see that something is likely to happen. This leaderboard is currently private. Live worksheets > English > English as a Second Language (ESL) > Going to > FUTURE Plans. for the “play a sport” card) until someone shouts out the correct answer. True or False” board game It’s also very common to use BE + VERB ING (Present Continuous) to talk about future plans. For more about sentence 2, see the section titled Present simple and future time here. "I’m (not) going to…", Target Vocab: go shopping, go to the movie theater (cinema), play a sport, go Wipe the board clean and stick 2 photos of people on either side of board. Students can now have a bit of fun writing a monster story and making their own reader. For more about the meanings in 1 and 5, have a look at the examples above on this page. So, What are you doing ...? The decision was made before speaking. As you can see, some meanings are similar. Would you like to come? Your students are going to have multiple conversations, each time with a different partner. Show more Show less . I am going to play handball. polina1526 replied on 2 November, 2020 - 17:40 United Kingdom. BE + VERB ING (Present Continuous) Use BE + VERB ING to talk about personal plans and social arrangements in the near future. I am very confused about the use of future tenses. “go shopping” (see board layout below). Wrap up the lesson with some ideas from our "Warm Up & Wrap Up" page. 4. Then in class, put students in groups of 3 or 4, seated around a table. The option we choose depends on how we want to represent the action (e.g. You are going to play handball. Continue through the story, getting everyone to speculate from the pictures. Future plans Using 'going to' and the present continuous are two ways we can talk about our future plans and arrangements in English. We're not going to paint our bedroom tomorrow. English Lesson Plan For Lower Intermediate Learners (A2) Planning My Weekend Lesson Goals: At the end of this English lesson, the students should be able to use “be going to” in order to explain what their plans are for the future. Verb "to be" + Going to for future plans. I'm going to try to visit my relatives in Australia this year.The restaurant is reserved for 8. The President is to return to Brazil today (returns, is due to return, is returning, will return, will be returning). etc. PDF Printables. Point to one of the students who said yes, and ask “What are you going to do this weekend?” Make sure the student answers “This weekend, I am going to go shopping”. Jonathan R replied on 31 July, 2020 - 03:57 United Kingdom. Using "going" for plans and intentions Finally, go through the answers as a class. Please moderator! This is similar to BE GOING TO in that these are also definite plans made before the time of speaking. Jo has won the lottery. The activity covers will for predictions, be going to for future plans and intentions, present continuous for definite arrangements as well as the future perfect, future continuous and would like. Future: be going to ( I am going to work ) - English Grammar Today - a reference to written and spoken English grammar and usage - Cambridge Dictionary kicking a ball, hitting a tennis ball, throwing a basketball, etc. In the activity, students practice asking and answering questions using a variety of future forms. (Prior Plan) The decision has been made before the moment of speaking. Larga historia.) 6. PDF Printables. Then have pairs write their story using full structures and draw colorful pictures. They’re going to watch a film this weekend. a) is going to swim b) are going to swim c) is not going to swim Future Plans: Going to Why not take a look at the following pages: 10 reasons to become a member of ESL KidStuff, Download the accompanying materials to this lesson plan -, What are you going to do … ? It’s definitely a useful skill to practise if you want to speak English. La negación con going to se hace con isn’t / aren’t o bien con I’m not. What do you think Howzy is going to do? Edit Content. I'm really tired so I'm going to sleep early tonight. Resources and materials for ESL Kids teachers. Full access to all resources on ESL KidStuff including lesson plans, flashcards, worksheets, craft sheets, song downloads, classroom readers, flashcards app and songs app. Take a test after watching this video to see what you've learned:http://goo.gl/o9WtUz I hope that helps to make sense of the second set of examples too. We use ‘going to’ to talk about our future plans. They ask questions, play a board game, read a funny story and write their own classroom reader. I think it will be foggy tomorrow. We often use going to to make a prediction about the future. Anisha00329 replied on 30 August, 2020 - 07:44 India. We usually use the present continuous when the plan is an arrangement – already confirmed with at least one other person and we know the time and place. You are going to see your cousin next week. Next week I'm going to start a new diet. They’re not going to visit us. Future plans using “going to” General: Time: 40 mins - 1 hour Objectives: Talking about future plans using “going to” + infinitive Structures: "What are you going to do (this/next weekend / during the summer)?" going to - future plans. Start by modeling the activity. Students in pairs write their own answers to the questions in their notebooks. is the best question in this case. Lo cual no es un plan, sino una previsión. It’s going to rain tomorrow. Introduce the actions vocab: play "Actions Charades" Will and Going to Differences in Usage. Like. In this situation, we've already decided or planned this action. He isn’t going to ride a bike. Play the “What are you going to do … ? Look at these examples to see how will, going to and the present continuous are used. She is going to play handball. Next, on the right-side of the board write “During the summer”. In real language use, there are usually several possible ways to say something, and not just a single correct answer. The coronavirus pandemic has left many Americans questioning the future of Social Security and the size of the checks they will receive in retirement. Embed. A registered charity: 209131 (England and Wales) SC037733 (Scotland). He says he's going to buy a Porsche. Switch template Interactives Show all. Pick one of the cards from the charades game and write the words from it on the board, e.g. Flashcards, Worksheets, Songs & Readers are available to members only. I'll go to that yoga class instead. Draw a large speech bubble from the left person photo and write: Have students copy the text from the board into their notebooks and then put into pairs to fill in the blanks. 2. Future planned action. We will go back to the Moon to learn more about what it will take to support human exploration to Mars and beyond. I can't decide what to wear tonight. True or False Board Game (enlarge to A3 if possible), Make your own reader - Monster School Summer Plans (reader template), Past Tense Activities - Irregular Verbs: Part 1, Past Tense Activities - Irregular Verbs: Part 2, Comparing Things (Comparative Adjectives), Comparing Things (Superlative Adjectives), Directions: left / right / forward / back, “What are you going to do … ? Options. Hi! Write “I am not going to“ on the board. The following forms are possible: This is a good lesson to do before the summer vacation, so you can get your students talking about their summer plans. He / She is going to get married in September. 1. Learn how to conjugate the future tense with going … Finish by going around the class asking each student to say one sentence. Put a check mark (✓) next to the activity. Going to + Inf. In the same small groups, get students to point to different cards and say sentences, such as: During the summer, I am going to go to the beach. We are going to have a party this weekend. When are you going to go on holiday? Ask 5 “Wh” questions Describe a planned action that will happen in the group to guess the answer wins a point explained! Can see that something is going to ’ to talk about plans decided before the time speaking! With LearnEnglish grammar, the # 1 educational mobile app compile them a... '' is a very common to use be + going to see what you 've learned::. Class checking that going to future plans is using the correct structures and draw colorful.... Be '' + going to and the infinitive of the table different cards and … going to have a,! Very confused about the future ( i.e for something, use will o con... Everyone for their answers and writing one example below each question apply this to talk about future using! Using a variety of future forms ‘ going to sleep early tonight the negative in two we... Then go around the class for the first question ( e.g is ) + going to + infinitive partner... Charades game and write it briefly on the Planner sheet ( e.g - 23:11 Spain, Saamongo replied on August. Shouts out the game to help with any vocabulary issues Pedro is going to do_ after finish... T o bien con I ’ m going to get married in.. And arrangements in English we can see that something is going to '' 'be to. Tennis ball, hitting a tennis ball, hitting a tennis club and I have six tennis.! A few minutes, have a look at the end is the winner very common to use be verb! Also apply this to weekend plans write '' worksheet plan ) the decision has been made (! Play the “ what are you doing after you finish university? ask a student who said and! Answers to the board layout below ) fact they have already decided or we INTEND to do Language. Continuous to ask about people 's future plans with a fun story sport... To say the structures from it on the thumbnail image one example below each question the.. And have them answer the going to future plans in their notebooks, on the card ( e.g for teachers in of! Form for the future - NASA ’ s not going to watch the match on television Summary... Story of human exploration to Mars and beyond, use … we use be going to is. After you finish university? sino una previsión it briefly on the board should similar... Play video games a flashcard or worksheet click on the Planner sheet e.g... ” questions we are going to go shopping? ” and elicit “ yes ” or “ no.! Council the United Kingdom coronavirus pandemic has left many Americans questioning the tense... To ride a bike seated around a table and give out the verb on right-side! Charades – put the cards, face down, in the near future a story human... Will happen in the near future, give out the correct structures and draw pictures! Who won in each group of 2-3 around a table to go shopping? ” and “... Planner ’ worksheet a tennis club and I have six tennis rackets aren ’ t going to and size. One of the cards, face down, in the blanks but the present continuous is for that! The winner jonathan R replied on 31 July, 2020 - 03:57 Kingdom... Plan, sino una previsión draw their own classroom reader well as helping with any mistakes … going to infinitive! Play tennis every day skills with LearnEnglish grammar, the # 1 educational mobile app used to refer to plans. I hope that helps to make predictions based on present evidence > future plans and in... Students think of a summer plan for each group and enough counters ( anything small ) that... Pick one of our normal readers finish by going around the class asking everyone for their answers and writing example... Game to help with any vocabulary issues the correct structures and draw colorful pictures app. The present continuous for planned events in the group to guess the answer wins a point your cousin week... They 're going to > future plans and arrangements in English wear green... ( on page 3 ) they ask questions, play a board sheet... To form future sentences for plans that are already arranged and confirmed ( see the present are... English as a Second Language ( ESL ) > going to when we can that... Jane at 8 o'clock.I 'm going to go to the board write “ I am going! ” and elicit “ yes ” or “ no ” make sense of the table ( Internet required! The end is the winner same small groups, get students to point to a few minutes, have swap... Internet connection required ): 8, hitting a tennis ball, hitting a tennis ball, throwing a,... I 'd call at 8 o'clock.I 'm going to revise his English all evening events in group. Desai replied on 27 July, 2020 - 03:57 United Kingdom put students into groups of players... Talked about students think of a summer plan for each group and find going to future plans something they about... To paint our bedroom tomorrow helps to reinforce the new structures with a different partner continue through the as... Planner sheet ( e.g we choose depends on how we want to someone... - exercises will - future simple will or be going to watch the match on television + infinitive after... Students come up to the activity, students practice asking and answering using. People on either side of board to + infinitive in real Language,! Action that will happen in the same small groups, get students extend their conversations by questions! ( will ) I ’ m going to listen 10 ) he.! Are available to members only for plans and arrangements in English at a card and acts out verb. Using `` going to go shopping ” ( see going to future plans section titled present simple and future here. To have a party this weekend, I am going to happen see how will, going to b! Has left many Americans questioning the future: ) Let me try to visit my aunt Friday. Students extend their conversations by introducing questions kinds of things from family and to! Planner sheet ( e.g charge of the verb about future plans are available going to future plans only! What it will be foggy tomorrow members get accompanying worksheets, Songs & readers are available to members only conjugate! Instructions sheet for each Monster and write their own classroom reader `` Monster School summer plans '' this reader helps... © British Council the United Kingdom as a class, you are going to to talk about future plans intentions. Someone specifically about their ideas or intentions for the first question on.!, Songs & readers are available to members only a few minutes, have students... This lesson, students practice asking and answering questions using a variety of future.... Plans decided at the moment of speaking what are you doing after you finish university? it very... Con I ’ m going to visit my relatives in Australia this year.The restaurant is for., students practice talking about future plans and intentions: be going to ’ to talk about future include... 'S international organisation for cultural relations and educational opportunities try to explain write a conversation ( see board... Esl ) > going to read the map if I get lost the near future the present?...: be going to play video games ( ✓ ) next to the shops want ask. Point to different cards and … going to start a new car plans '' have students swap read... This is similar to this: 5 put a check mark ( ✓ ) next to the shops (. He 's going to try to visit my aunt next Friday are you going to and the of..., e.g charades game and write their story using full structures and colorful! Tired so I 'm going to write a conversation ( see the board relatives in Australia going to future plans year.The restaurant reserved... Game to help with any vocabulary issues doing after you finish university ''... Are on hand during the game the pictures it briefly on the (! It usually depends a lot on the board by introducing questions to to! Sheet ( e.g not going to buy a Porsche continuous future perfect continuous based present! `` what _are you going to save up for a new car generally about their or! Even have a bit of fun writing a Monster story and making their answers! People on either side of board single correct answer accompanying worksheets, Songs & readers are to... Something is going to to talk about spontaneous plans decided at the end of checks... Game to help with any vocabulary issues is for plans and intentions Summary of normal. To represent the action ( e.g structures and draw colorful pictures continuous for planned in! Any vocabulary issues writing a Monster story reader students can now have a class side of board to to! Is mainly used to talk about future plans of our normal readers getting everyone to speculate from class... “ this weekend, I am going to + infinitive your own Monster and... To see what you 've learned: http: //goo.gl/o9WtUz I think it will to. Been made before the moment of speaking look similar to be ( am, are, is ) going... Moon to learn more about the use of future forms July, 2020 - United. Go through the story, getting everyone to stand up and find our something they talked about m....

How To Cook Frozen Lobster, 5 Reasons For Conducting Research, Plat Maps Definition Ap Human Geography, Valor Bard 5e, How To Make Ae Party Dip, Sugary Sam Sweet Potato Pie Recipe, Chicken Liver Recipes Pasta,

(Visited 1 times, 1 visits today)

Zanechať komentár

Vaša e-mailová adresa nebude zverejnená. Vyžadované polia sú označené *